Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych Spółka Akcyjna (joint-stock company) is a company with over 60-year tradition. The Company was founded on August 1, 1948 as the FSO State Enterprise, and it was given the task to launch and operate a car factory in Warsaw. The production line was launched on November 6, 1951.
In February 1995, a sole shareholder company of the State Treasury – FSO Motor – was established, to which the assets of the State Enterprise were contributed, and less than a month later it was joined by a foreign shareholder. In March the company name was changed to Daewoo-FSO Motor Sp. z o.o. (limited liability company), and in October 1999 the company was transformed into a joint-stock company.
In 2004, the Company returned to its traditional name and today operates as Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych Spółka Akcyjna, or FSO.
Activities until 2011 – production of passenger cars
From 1951 – the largest Polish car manufacturer. With over $ 700 million worth of investments made in 1996-1999, FSO was one of the most modern passenger car manufacturers in Europe. The modern Paint Shop, General Assembly Shop, and Press Shop made it possible to achieve the highest quality standards of production, which could reach 250,000 vehicles a year.
Currently, the Company conducts activities in the field of renting office, production and warehouse space, storage yards, and it manages the Capital Group of several affiliated companies
The company has an area of 63 ha on the Żerań plant territory. The real property includes halls and office buildings with a usable area of over 280,000 sq m. There are numerous paved yards, storage areas and parking spaces on the real property. FSO holds shares in eight production and service companies, and it also has attractive areas in central, northern and southwestern Poland.
Management Board of the Company:
President: Janusz Woźniak
Members: Zofia Duran, Gustaw Lipiński, Roman Yatsenko
Share capital: PLN 213,077,901.00
Employment level in the Capital Group: 1.380 persons